Net Neutrality – Global Thematic Research
Net Neutrality – Global Thematic Research
Opponents of net neutrality argue that it discourages ISPs from investing in the high-speed broadband networks that the West badly needs if it is to stay ahead in the global data revolution
The evidence points clearly to net neutrality rules being scrapped on 14 December 2017, because –
– President Trump and the Republican Party are both against regulatory over-reach;
– FCC Chairman, Ajit Pai, a former Verizon lawyer, is vehemently against net neutrality; and
– The US is falling down the world league table of broadband speeds, so it needs to incentivise its ISPs to invest in high speed broadband infrastructure by allowing them to charge all economic parties that benefit from using their pipes at commercial rates.
In this report we look into industry overview, trends, value chain of net neutrality, also identifying winners and losers.
Scope- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine
– About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
– GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats.
To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector.
Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen.
Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme.
It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
Reasons to access
– Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
– Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
– Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
– Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
TABLE OF CONTENT:
The backdrop to the net neutrality story
Net neutrality was set up for good reasons
Regulatory policies always have unintended side effects
Both sides of the net neutrality debate have strong arguments
It now looks like net neutrality may fall in the US under President Trump
Implications if net neutrality falls
US telecom operators and cable operators may benefit
Large US Internet companies who use substantial bandwidth may lose
Global telecom equipment makers could benefit
European and Asian telecom operators may see some benefit in the medium term
If implemented sensibly, a world without net neutrality may not be so bad
TELECOM AND CABLE OPERATORS – SECTOR SCORECARD
TELECOM EQUIPMENT – SECTOR SCORECARD
APPENDIX: OUR âTHEMATICâ RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Market research is the new buzzword in the market, which helps in understanding the market potential of any product in the market. Reports And Markets is not just another company in this domain but is a part of a veteran group called Algoro Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. It offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for a wide range of sectors both for the government and private agencies all across the world.
Manager – Partner Relations & International Marketing
Ph: +44-020-3286-9338 (UK)
Ph: +1-214-736-7666 (US)