Opioid Tolerance Treatment Market to Obtain a value of US$ 2,000.0 Mn by 2027
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled, ‘Opioid Tolerance Treatment Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019–2027’. According to the report the global opioid tolerance treatment market was valued at around US$ 1,500 Mn in 2018. It is projected to expand at CAGR of around 3.5% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The market is expanding owing to the increase in consumption of opioid across the globe. Moreover, factors such as large number of opioid prescriptions dispensed and rise in research for opioid tolerance treatment anticipated to fuel the global opioid tolerance treatment market.
North America to Dominate Global Market
- Based on region, the global opioid tolerance treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global opioid tolerance treatment market followed in 2018, in Europe. This dominance in global market which was around 53% in 2018 by North America region is attributed to large number of opioid consumption & prescriptions and better healthcare facilities available in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of nearly 4.1% during the forecast period due to the presence of larger cancer patient pool with chronic pain and increase in health care expenditure.
Request for Discount:
Acquired Tolerance to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of type of opioid tolerance, global opioid tolerance treatment market is segmented into acquired tolerance and innate tolerance. T
- The acquired tolerance segment dominated the global opioid tolerance treatment market. It is expected to continue this trend and account for around 78% share of the market by the end of 2027.
- Increase in drug doses & quantity for desired therapeutic response and long-term use of prescription opioids are some major factors fueling the segment.
High Number of Opioid Prescription of Opioid for Therapeutic Purposes to Drive the Global Market
- Rise in opioid consumption worldwide for medical and non-medical purpose is a major driver of the global opioid tolerance treatment market.
- Large number of opioid prescription dispensed for therapeutic purposes leads to opioid tolerance when used for a long period of time.
- For instance, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 191.2 million opioid prescriptions were dispensed in the U.S. alone in 2017.
- Moreover, rise in focus on various research and clinical trials for opioid tolerance treatment in the past few year by different research centers is a major driving force in the global opioid tolerance treatment market. Increase in the number of opioid drug abuse propels the growth of global opioid tolerance treatment market.
Request Multiple Chapters: